We want to ensure that our Medicaid members are aware that they must take action to renew their coverage — and you and your practice play an important role in assisting with these efforts. During the COVID-19 public health emergency, the annual renewal process for Medicaid members was paused to ensure that members had continuous coverage. However, that waiver expired in April 2023, and as a result, over the next year all Medicaid members will need to have their eligibility redetermined.
Please remind your Medicaid patients to complete the renewal process. In addition, to avoid any coverage issues, your staff may want to call patients before their appointments to ensure their coverage will still be active at the time of their appointment.
If a member has questions, here are a few resources you can direct them to:
- Call MassHealth at 800-841-2900
- Look online for an enrollment assister in their area
- Visit one of the MassHealth Enrollment Centers (MECs). Appointments can be made online. The centers are open for limited walk-in appointments, but online appointments are encouraged.
- Members who are deemed ineligible may still qualify for subsidized Connector Care plans, and should visit the Massachusetts Health Connector website or call 877-623-7773 to learn more.
- Online educational materials including frequently asked questions
- Certified application counselors and navigators
- Contact EOHHS
Rhode Island providers who need assistance with a member’s eligibility can call the Gainwell provider support line at 401-784-8100.
Director, Provider Relations & Communications
Senior Manager, Provider Communications
Joseph O’Riordan, Jesse Salvato, Stephen Wong,